What can you use instead of powdered sugar for icing?
Substitutes for Powdered Sugar
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch or arrowroot powder.
- 1 cup of granulated sugar or sweetener of choice.
What can I use instead of icing?
6 Quick Ways to Decorate a Cake Without Frosting
- Whipped Cream. Looks like frosting, but it’s not.
- Glaze. When it comes to Bundt cakes, glaze (or even caramel sauce) is a much better choice then frosting.
- Powdered Sugar.
- Chocolate or Caramel Sauce.
- Fresh Fruit.
- Syrups + Edible Flowers.
Can you use granulated sugar to make icing?
Which sugar do I use to make icing sugar? You can use either granulated or caster sugar. The coarser the sugar you use, the more evenly your icing sugar will blend. It makes sense, then, to use granulated if you have it, but caster also does a pretty good job.